• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What was the last television show you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Noir, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

So it's like an actual drama based on stories? Kinda like other cop shows?

What's Stranger things about? =]

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Forensic Files is a documentary with interviews with relevant people to the case, but it does a little reenacting, and will show some actual footage from surveillance cameras and trials, etc. when they exist. It's sort of like Cold Case Files or The First 48.

Stranger Things is about the search for a missing boy, set in the 1980s. There's a supernatural element to the story; it honestly kind of reminds me of some of Stephen King's work, but not in a derivative way. It has a strong cast, plus it's short (8 episodes) so there isn't any filler bullshit. I would recommend it.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

@Kitty

That's good to hear, I like Documentaries. =D The only time I watched a cop show was when I had a surgery and couldn't get off the couch for weeks. I only had Blue Bloods and Supernatural to entertain me. haha

Only 8? =0I just may.

Kitty likes this.
  4. Kairi831

Kairi831 Active Member

Last TV show I watched was an anime.

Shiki.

Really good. I enjoy it a lot and so far Natsuno is my favorite character. I love his character and attitude so much so far. I'm around episode 18, and there's 22 episodes in the season I believe. I am kinda let down there is only one season, but I guess however the ending turns out will determine whether or not a second season could have gone about.

5. Kitty

MasterChef Junior. These kids are too adorable and make me feel so unaccomplished and bad about myself, lol. But I love it. It makes me want to cook, but then I think about how I'd have to wash all of the dishes and I don't. But the desire is there. XD

6. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Currently watching Supernatural

So far its not bad. It hasn't really hooked me yet but I hear good things about it.

7. Kitty

Nailed It: I seem to find myself addicted to baking shows lately. This is doubly good because it combines baking with people doing things shittily, always a good time. The host is a little bit annoying sometimes, but this is the kind of show I can put on in the background and turn my brain off for. I've needed that lately.

8. deltamind

deltamind New Member

Still watching Suits, this show never get's over lol, and I am glad it doesn't! I learned a lot from it.

9. Kitty

Sugar Rush! Yes, another baking show. I really am addicted to them. Also, this way I get out my baking urges without actually having to make a kitchen disaster that I'd have to clean up later. Yay!

10. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Okay so I started watching a series on netflix called Love death and robot, when I tell you I am addicted, i mean literally. They only have a few episodes and its currently on the first season. (hopefully we get a season 2) but its basically small anime clips, and short stories of different plots.

11. Kitty

Stranger Things (season 3): I watched the whole season over the weekend and I'm still trying to get my thoughts together about it. It ditched or improved upon the things I disliked about the previous season, but then created new things for me to nitpick. I felt like it had more plot holes than previous seasons and I disliked how some of the characters were portrayed this time around, but for the most part, I'd say it was pretty good. I'll have to watch it again and see how it holds up.

12. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I've been watching a newer show on HBO called Euphoria. It's kind of like an MA version of your typical high school drama series, dealing with subject matters of sex/sexuality, mental health, drug culture, etc. within the contemporary middle class youth in a world rife with social media and omnipresent internet.

Zendaya has been owning it in the role of a struggling, post-rehab drug addict. I will never question her acting chops after watch this.

Kitty likes this.
  13. Kitty

^ My sister has sung this show's praises as well, although I haven't seen it yet.

I just finished up the adaptation of Good Omens. They did a really good job on this, in my opinion. The tone was true to the book, it had a talented cast (aside from maybe a couple of the kids who didn't do a whole lot), and I think the season was the perfect length and they fit in exactly all they needed to of the story. I saw somewhere some speculation about a second season, and I'm not really sure where they'd go with that since there isn't any more of the book left to adapt, but with how well done this season was, I'd give it a go. Like the book, I suppose if you're the highly religious type and have no sense of humor about it, you might not enjoy this very much, but I thought both the show and the book had a great comedic tone and I'd recommend it.

14. Kitty

I'm super late on this, but I just binged The Office (US) for the first time and I loved it. The cast is really talented and they play off each other very well. Sometimes the storylines are super cringy and give me massive second-hand embarrassment, but mostly the show is just really funny and it makes me happy. It's 9 seasons but the episodes are short and it goes by quickly. The whole series is on Netflix until the end of the year, and I'd highly recommend it.

15. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

been watching Saturday night live, with steven colbert. After this pandemic situation occured I started finding myself very fond of this show. Its pretty legit