• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts 3 cover art!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3' started by V0iD, Sep 18, 2018.

1. V0iD

V0iD New Member

Get hype!

[​IMG]

Desert Warrior, Kitty and Become like this.
  2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

My coworker showed me that this morning. I may just be the best boxart a KH game has ever had.

I really hope that world they're on in the art is a place we'll see in-game.

3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, saw at like 4am. Thought it was glorious!
    I didn't expect the lack of villains though.

4. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Honestly the thing I loved most from the trailer was this transparent Sora photo being passed around:

[​IMG]
    (i regret nothing)

and the display of animation. The game depicts Jacks subtle facial movements well:

[​IMG]

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I like the art work. I feel like it fits in with the other cover art of the series. I think the city/background looks like it would be fun to explore. Kairi with a keyblade still irks me, but whatever, letting it go, it's been ages since KH II. And Sora looks so grown up; it makes me sad. Like the end of an era, even though I know S-E will keep churning these games out as long as they can make some money off of them.

^ I see they've seemed to have figured out how to animate PotC without the characters falling into the uncanny valley. That's cool.

6. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

They have. Not just him either, even the less realistic worlds have animations. There's gifs of that guy from Tangeled floating around highlighting it.

7. Angel

Story-wise I would also like to say that the good guys suck. Master Xehanort turned Aqua and found Ventus while tracking Sora. Apparently, Sora's just finding out the new princesses of hearts. They and Mickey have really dropped the ball.

8. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jokes aside, I've also had a real issue with how dumb the story has often made the cast seem. All just to highlight how Xehanort is supposed to be. It's annoying and boarding on Aizen degrees of writing...
    It'd make more sense if Xehanort was just an opportunist. Someone that learns from failure and turns failure toward his goal in some way.

9. Angel

Or maybe it's more like Naruto, how they kept revealing a bigger "bad" that's been manipulating things behind the scenes.

10. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

They've already done this so much with it somehow being the same guy that I would feel nothing if it happened again. lol