• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What's the last concert you went to?

Discussion in 'Music & Industry' started by Nova, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

I feel like this doesn't need much explanation. I went to a ton over the summer but my most recent was Warped Tour. Crown the Empire and Mayday Parade were my two favorites.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Old thread is old, but I figure it'll still do the job.

I've never been a big concert person, mainly due to lack of funds and an aversion to crowds. However, I did just get the chance to see Def Leppard in concert, and they were freakin' incredible. They still sound great, even with being a 40 year old band, and they have so many songs that I love; it was a lot of fun.

Oh, and Poison and Tesla were there. They were pretty good too (still don't really know who the hell Tesla is; I'd never heard any of their songs that they'd played at the show), but I wasn't really there for them.

Anyhow, if anyone is a fan and has a chance to get tickets during this tour, I'd definitely recommend it.

3. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Well... I'm not going to count any of the concerts that I've been a performer in. Nor will I count anything that I had had to work while I was in my student job.

So, that criteria being established... the last concert I went to was like, three years ago. I saw a Hip Hop group called Atmosphere (who had been listening to for about three/four years prior to going to the concert). They performed on a Monday night to a sold out house. My only regret from that night was that I didn't stay longer; I only left because I was afraid that my car might have run out the parking meter, only to get back and find out that parking was free after midnight... so I could have stayed, and possibly met someone from either one of the opening artists, or the main act.

I almost went to see them again back in November; I would have been going on a Friday night, so staying later would have been even more of a likelihood. But I had decided to pick up a 12 hour shift the following morning... starting at 6AM. Kinda went the opposite direction on that one.

4. Nova

Update, I went to see Korn, In This Moment, and Rob Zombie in concert. I was most excited to see In this Moment, though they were a bit of a disappointment live.

In this Moment- Vocally, the lead singer did pretty well when she was actually performing. And the band was pretty impressive as well. My issue was the wardrobe and set changes that took up half an hour between. each. individual. song. It got old pretty fast.

Korn- Korn was next. They were probably my favorite performance of the whole show. They didn't take themselves very seriously and I know most of their songs.

Rob Zombie- Talented, fun to watch, I just couldn't stay long because the people I went with are highly religious and took offense to some of the imagery on his set. Which is sad because I wasn't able to see him perform my favorite of their songs. :/

5. Nova

Def Leppard's music is great. Doesn't surprise me that they are good live. :)

Went to see NF in his recent tour. He did a good job. His new album is really good.

Kitty likes this.
  6. Kitty

I just saw Journey and Def Leppard on their 2018 tour. It was damn cool getting to see my two favorite bands at the same time. I will freaking see Def Leppard every time they tour; they were just as great this time as they were last year when I saw them. Journey put on a great show, too. I thought their current front man was a little weak on some of the more ballad-y songs (made me miss Steve Perry), but I mean, it's still Journey, and they still have great music. Definitely worth the price for the ticket, no doubt.

Nova and RebelMurf like this.
  7. RebelMurf

RebelMurf Hero of the Wild

Last concert I went to was for Pendulum. One of if not my favourite band. They had stopped performing as a group and moved on to make music as Knife Party.

Was an amazing time. Went with my sister and just had a blast. Was great seeing them live. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Kitty and Nova like this.
  8. Become

If it counts, back in June I attended the Governor's Ball Music Festival in NYC for a day. Saw (and heard from afar), some great sets there. I recall being unexpectedly drawn to a band called Sir Sly about two hours after arriving. Watched Wolf Alice from a bit of a distance (I think I had been eating my dinner at the time, so I was at a picnic table near the stage they were on. Of course, the capstone of my day there was at 5:45PM: Tash Sultana ( <3 ). I started in the very front row for that set; ended up drifting back a bit to let a few other people in (a few people that I was probably blocking because I was taller than them, and one person that was tears of pure joy and longing, whom I felt needed to be up front more than I did).

Kitty likes this.
  9. Become

November 16th, 2018. Tash Sultana at House of Blues - Boston.

Ocean Alley of Sydney, Australia opened the show and I was immediately into them.

As for Tash, there aren't enough words to describe just how much of a joy it is to see that human perform.

10. Kitty

Just had the opportunity to see Celine Dion in concert. My sister and I are both fangirls and we thought the show was amazing. It did start an hour late, and the waiting got old pretty quick, especially since the concert was on a weekday, but still, totally worth it. She has such a beautiful voice and sounds just as great as ever.

11. Become

I've hit up a few concerts over the past few months.

September -
    4th; Tash Sultana at SummerStage in Central Park. At the time of this post I've seen Tash six times in the past year and a half. Each time has been more of an experience than the last. I can honestly say that Tash is an artist that I've got a profound sense of caring for; care not just for the musician, but for the human behind the music. That being said, SummerStage was the most difficult concert to pull through, largely because Tash was in an uncommonly off sort of way. Between the heavy touring schedule as a true blue solo act, incorporating a custom designed live looping rig, and weathering the news of a friend's passing, Sultana was noticeably feeling the wear and tear. There were a few moments during the set at which it seemed she was ready to pass out on stage. But true to form, she powered through to create yet another memorable night.

Especially for the couple in the front row (friends of mine) who got engaged mid-show.

25th; Tash Sultana at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Words will never be able to properly describe what that night meant. The day as a whole felt like the destination of a pilgrimage. Where the prior concerts had seen a mostly local or regional audience, Red Rocks saw people from all parts of the world convene. The full scope of just how many people have come to appreciate Tash.

From my vantage point halfway up in the seating, I was treated to an amicable view that allowed me a clear enough of Tash herself and the stage as a whole; it really gave me a new appreciation for Tash's stage presence.

October
    12th - Moonchild at Brighton Music Hall, Boston, MA. A change of pace for me in a smaller venue with a different style of music. Moonchild blends elements of hip hop, funk, soul, the blues, and jazz. The night got off to a slow start with some technical issues, but ended up being a good time regardless.

25th - Ruby Waters, Berlin Under A, NYC. Met up with my best friend/sister from a different mister for this one. After a day in the city, we found our way to what could have been a speakeasy in the prohibition era. Ruby Waters is an indie artist, but with a bit more of a pop inspiration. The vibe was relaxed in a very intimate kind of way; it was the smallest venue I've hit up ever. Being a relatively young and unknown artist, Ruby retains the benefit of not having a formal security detail shadowing her. Following the show, my friend and I were able to speak quickly with her; she even took us both in a grateful embrace and thanked us for coming.

December
    20th - Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Long Island, NY. Returned to see TSO for another year. A phenomenal show as usual, seeing a return to some old material, and bringing out some new as wel .

Kitty likes this.
  12. Kitty

Prior to seeing Celine Dion, I caught Sir Elton John back in October. His age is showing a little in his voice, but he still put on a great show. He chose a great collections of songs to perform and had so much energy. I would have loved to see him twenty years ago, but I'm glad I got to catch him during this farewell tour. I feel pretty lucky that I live close enough to a big music city and have the opportunity to see so many people I'm a fan of.