• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Yojimbo: The Samurai Ways

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy X' started by EtherealSummoner, Aug 30, 2012.

Which Option Did You Choose?

1. To Train as a Summoner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. To Have the Power to Destroy Fiends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. To Defeat the Toughest of Enemies

100.0%
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I am actually interested as to what you guys did with Yojimbo. -_- I tend to have a rare time to have him cast Zanmato. Just some of the followings that I wanted to know:

1. How much did you paid the guy for him to join your party?
    2. Which option did you choose (To Train as a summoner, to destroy fiends or to defeat the toughest of monsters)?
    3. How much did you pay him for Yojimbo to use certain attacks.

I am very curious because Yojimbo is... a special aeon... who may even exceed Anima and the Magus Sisters if used properly in battle.

Attached Files:

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I think the last time I played I paid him whatever the first amount he asked for was. In previous games, I'd try and haggle as much as I could, but the last time I played I actually wanted to see Zanmato, so I tried to kiss ass.

I chose whichever option the guide I was cheating off of told me to choose to make him happiest- I believe it was the third option "to defeat the toughest of enemies," but I'm not 100% sure on that.

When I summoned Yojimbo, it kind of varied how much money I paid him, depending on how much money I had and what we were fighting against. Usually I'd pay him something like 1000 gil at a time, but I've given him way more than that on occasion, especially when I had way more gil than I actually needed.

3. EtherealSummoner

I chose "To Train as a Summoner" the first time around... but I did not have as much money at that time. Right now, I am restarting over so that I can see if I can knock his price down and still get him to use the Zanmato. But yea, trying to have him use Zanmato is hard. Even if I paid him all of my money when hsi overdrive is full, he would mainly perform Wakizashi on all enemies.

4. Kitty

I've beaten X at least three times, and started even more games that I just never bothered to finish. And in all that playing, it was only in my last playthrough that I ever got him to use Zanmato. And this was probably because I started paying him bucket loads of gil at a time.

I don't mind too much, because Zanmato is a cheap way to defeat something. But I'd definitely prefer keeping him happy and getting Zanmato or Wakizashi each turn, rather than wasting my gil and winding up with Daigoro.

But I don't summon Yojimbo as often as a lot of the other aeons. The other ones you can teach cure magic to, or have them cast their elemental spell on themselves to heal, and with the exception of the Magus Sisters, you know what they're going to do. At a high enough level, even Yojimbo's worst attack will still take out a fiend, but it was safer for me to just summon Anima and Pain it up and know I was going to wipe out all of the opposition without a fuss.

5. EtherealSummoner

You see, I never did realize that Yojimbo has an "Emotion" rate level as to where it will rise or lower depending as to how much we pay him. I have over... 5,000,000,000+ on my old save file (XD Using my aeons to fight the most powerful of fiends in the Monster Arena is so amazing and fun) so I don't know why I kept on paying him small amounts. In all honesty, I will use his Zanmato against Nemesis any day. I would rather do that than to just waste almost an hour to defeat Nemesis even though I use Quick Hit. Raising Yojimbo's stats is not a problem and since I love aeon battles, I can just run to Belgemine, fight a particular aeon I want, spend those spheres on a particular stat that I want for my aeon and rinse and repeat.

6. Kitty

As I understand it, other things factor into this as well. Like, if you summon him and he gets KO'd, it lowers his affection level. Likewise if you summon him, then immediately dismiss him without paying, or pay him 0 gil. So you could probably pay him a lot of gil, but he could still hate you if you constantly let him get killed.

7. EtherealSummoner

-_- I gave up on Yojimbo. He still won't use Zanmato. I paid him 5,000 when his overdrive is full and he slapped me in the face with a Diagoro sometimes.

8. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I used him to deal with bosses I didn't really care for bothering with. Just found a local save point, went into the fight, and kept trying for his 1hitKO. If I fail I reset.
    I dont remember how much I paid him but since I was gambling on chance anyway I just rolled with it.