• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Profiles Sub-Section: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Become, Aug 5, 2014.

Should we keep the Sub-Section for character profiles?

Poll closed Aug 12, 2014.
  1. Yes! I want to use it.

12.5%
  2. Nay! I have no intention of using it.

87.5%
  1. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Hello KHP Role Players,

As part of my present efforts towards optimizing the RP section, I've been having some discussions of possibly reorganizing the RP section's layout. Part of this may lead to the removal of a sub-forum or two to do so. As I solidify this plan with Vox, I'd like to start getting reads on what places people will make use of.

That being said, it's come upon me that the profiles sub-section seems to be, generally, unused these days. Is there any intent amongst our current population to make use of it?

2. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

The only reason I ever used it in the past was inspiration from other peoples profiles. I store my own on my computer now a days.

Seems to me, it's kind of a waste of space for now.

3. Destiny

Destiny Guest

I tried to use mine especially to try and maybe get involved in the arena and to have a simple character layout in existence already. But I do better when I create fresh new characters for each RP, so I've pretty much abandoned ship on keeping profiles

4. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

All of mine are either stored on my HD or on DA. I couldn't care less.

5. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

The profiles I make nowadays are far better then the ones I made in the past. I enjoy watching them develop, watching people develop. To be able to look at a list of character profiles, and seeing just how much someone has progressed as an rper is something I've always enjoyed doing. This section makes it far easier for me to find that enjoyment, as rather then having to jump from Rp to Rp, I can simply view the person's character list.

I vote we keep it.

6. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Nay,

1). No one really uses it.
    2). It's a waste a time.
    3). There's really no purpose for it.

7. Become

Thank you everyone for your opinions thus far.

As it stands, I too will cast my vote to remove the profiles section. While I made frequent use of it earlier in my RPing career here, my personal thread has become a bit too much of a hassle to keep in good form. And being that not many other people seem intent on using it, it would definitely be best to remove it. The threads will be kept, of course, and moved under old role plays when the time comes (aka when the poll closes, assuming no changes occur to sway the decision).

8. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Weirdly enough, I can't seem to find my old profile thread. Was it soft deleted or am I just blind?

9. Become

I might have moved it during my spring cleaning when we first moved back in here. I placed the old/spam/unused/absent member threads to old role plays and left the rest in case those of us that remained cared to start using it again.

10. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I vote delete it. I myself never use it anymore. I just make up a brand new character for every RP so I have no use for the section.

11. Become

Based on the results of our poll, the Profiles sub section will be dissolved. All profile threads will be moved under old role plays.

12. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

That's rather disappointing. I learned quite a bit through those profiles. Even if they'll still be there, the sheer fact that the sub-section dedicated to some fantastic profiles of the past is being dissolved saddens me. But I was outvoted 7-1, there's not much else I can say.