• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Alias (Black Clan)

Discussion in 'Video / Cinema' started by Angel, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

The Black Clan also know as Alias or Alias Black.

Alias is a common Latin phrase used in English which means "another identity". In Latin, it means "another time or anotherplace, otherwise, under other circumstances, or elsewhere". By joining, you agree to work under an optional alias in which you create tags to compete against other clans, share tips, and learn from one another.

Here's your application to join!
    UserName:
    Program (Gimp or Photoshop, etc):
    Best Tags:
    GFX Experience:
    Alias:

You can be accepted or rejected!

Members:
    ~*Celestial*~

Corresponding Username:
    S.SummonerBWM

HALL of FAME:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

-_- Don't know if this is much use anyway but I'll join just to give it a try.

UserName: S.SummonerBWM
    Program: Gimp + Pixl
    Best Tags: Picture that I am using I guess...
    Alias: Celestial

3. Angel

Okay! Perfect your in Celestial!

So, first up! The basics: how do you render your images?

EDIT: My profile will be up once MY NEW TAG is finished!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  4. EtherealSummoner

... The render that the designer want to use needs to be cut from the image and then placed in the signature that the designer is currently creating. Just need to be very close to the edges of the render. The designer can zoom in while they are cutting out their picture for better detail so that the cutting can be clean and smooth and have no mistakes (Such as the background still being in the render).

5. Angel

Exactly!

In GImp, I find a Quick Mask the easiest to use. I paint over the useful areas of the images that I desire with white paint and the the edges with grey. Grey in a quickmask allows the area I paint over to be partly opaque and transparent. When finished, exiting out of the quickmask creates a selection aka dotted line selection over the parts; I desire. I use 'feather command' to round any sharp edges and then the 'shrink command' for precautions in case I had accidentally painted over undesirable areas.

Result:
    [​IMG]

[It was done pretty quickly so it's not too great!]

The render has to be high quality. It's the main focus of your tag! So it's very important to have it cut precisely and neatly. The rest will be up to you. Your render can be altered to fit any background but it's best to keep the range of colors close.

Next is the background. Are you only using brushes and no c4Ds or what?

6. EtherealSummoner

>_> Well, I just found this site called Pixl yesterday but before I found that, the only thing I did for my background is brushes for my effects and the like. Now for the background, I mainly use Gimp for my brushes and some touchups while for Pixl, I mainly use it for creating my backgrounds and effects and to also add in my coloring. With Gimp, I always fail to have some depth to my pictures so I hope this changes with the other program.