• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Who is getting the Nintendo 3DS?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Epic Kirby, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

I'm not really sure where this should go but I've decided on General, admins can move as necessary. I'm just trying to work out how many members here are getting the Nintendo 3DS mostly because I'm just generally interested seeing as its coming out next month and in about 2 weeks in Japan.

The Nintendo 3DS has also got much better online than the DS so I'm also seeing if it would be worth posting my 3DS code here when I get it. Thanks.

2. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

I won't be getting this system as soon as it comes out since its pushing $300, but after a good amount of time the price should go down and then I'll trade in my old Nintendo DS to help pay for the new 3DS, so maybe next year I'll buy it

3. I RESERVED IT! woot and I'm gettin DDS with it woot my KH collection will be complete, until KH 3!

4. Italia07

Italia07 Life being a handful ¬_¬

Maybe, but not likely. I still have to beat some other game before I even decide to get the 3DS. I heard that not many game were coming out for the 3DS anyways... :/

5. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

prolly not
    even with the trade in deal gamestop is running
    bring in a...
    Ds get 50$ off
    Dsi get 75$ off
    Dsi XL 100$ off
    if you trade in those
    even with that the 250 price tag is not worth it

6. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

Moved to the Gaming section for you.
    ===============================

It's a little too pricey. Maybe waiting for Sony's NGP release will lower it's costs.
    I'm not desperate for another KH spin off but there are a couple of cool remakes on the 3DS, like MGS3 and Zelda Ocarina of Time. Tough Id rather play those on their original consoles or emulator. Superior gameplay. So until I hear some good games for it, I might shell out the cash and trade in my old DSi for it.

7. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

3DS' games sound better than NGP's so far but...I'm still going to wait a little before buying it.

8. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

I'm waiting until there's more games that interest me for the system before I'll consider buying it.

Ocarina of Time? I own it for both the Nintendo 64 and Gamecube.
    Other Kingdom Hearts game that isn't considered to be apart of the main series? My obsession will lead me to buy it, but not until it goes down a bit (Price-wise)
    Random Street Fighter game? Not interested.
    Kid Icarus? Sort of looks interesting. Might want to try.
    NFL game? Isn't there enough of those.

So yeah, there's not enough games yet that interest me that will be released (as of yet.) I might consider buying it some time next year or two years from now though.
    Waiting game I guess.

9. Ventus

Well they have recently announced games for it.

New Super Mario Bros 3DS
    The Conduit 3DS

I want some new games...not the same old same old. Give us something fresh!

10. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

They've announced many games for it already. a reason why I think this console will be a success (Nintendo Wins again!)
    Just Wiki 3DS games and go "wow, I want that one"

11. Ventus

That is impressive but most games on DS were crap. Come on let's be honest here. How many GOOD DS games have you played.

Out of about 30, I have only played 4 good games; New Super Mario Bros, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, Pokemon Pearl (kinda pushing it for me a little) and Mario Kart DS.

12. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

There are plenty but it depends on what you like, I think its crazy to say most of the games on the DS were crap, it was the PSP that had a lack of good games, I think I can count them on two hands and that's being nice. That was always a major criticism of the Wii and PSP was that they had no good games never the DS, your the first non-sony fanboy (unless you are one) to have said that.

If you like RPGs, there are four FF games, Dragon Quest with over 120 side quests, Avalon Code, Golden Sun which pretty much pushes the DS to its graphical limits. Not to mention Pokemon. Two KH games

If you like alternative games, there's Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick.

FPSs are definitely lacking on DS.

If you like Nintendo ist party stuff there's Super Mario Bros, Zelda Spirit tracks/ phantom hour glass.

Racing games/sports MK, Donkey Kong, Sonic (which is actually multi platform), Asphalt. I can't go on because I got to go eat my apple crumble but I can go on. :D

Thanks for moving it to the correct place :)

Also, I don't get why people are saying that there are no games for the 3DS, I'm not going to write them. Just do your research. There's a game for everyone on that console.

EDIT: If you look to the right of this site it has every game announced for the 3DS. Nintendo 3DS Blog & News - Preorder Nintendo 3DS

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  13. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

im gonna get the 3DS for ONE reason.Kingdom Hearts 3D...derp =D

14. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I definitely won't be getting it anytime soon- way too expensive in comparison with how often I'll play it, but maybe if the price drops way down (by which time, it'll probably be hopelessly outdated), I might pick it up.

15. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I consider the games I have to be good DS games.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (Awesome game, can't wait for the next one)
    Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
    Metal Slug 7
    Mario Kart DS
    FFIII
    Fire Emblem (I think the game's called Shadow Dragon, but right now there's only one Fire Emblem game out for it)

I know I've played other games, but these are all the ones I can think of right now.

And as for myself, I suppose I'll eventually get a 3DS, but definantly not anytime soon. I have no money, and I'm gonna ask for video games for my birthday before I ask for a 3DS.

16. Rojas250

Rojas250 New Member

Nintendo 3DS is a great system. Especially if your playing Street Fighter.......one thing that suxs is the 3D screen can screw up ur eyes.....but it is easy to turn off.

17. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

NOT ME! Biggest waist of money. I really wanted it for a while, then i did some research. With horrable battery life, 3D that hurts your eyes, and not that interesting games(for me at least) so far, I just dont think its a quality system and for a pretty steep price. $250. Really. I dont think im gonna spend that much on something im going to think is really cool for a month and then let rot in the attic till KH3D comes out!

18. Jammie

Jammie New Member

Whoa
    Its only $250 in America?
    ..! It's £220 in the UK which is a LOt more than 250USD >.<''

I want a 3DS, but I will wait for the '3DS lite' or whatever they release next/until there are some good games for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.