• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Probably

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XI' started by Riku, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riku

Riku New Member

Probably was the game that less attracted gamers, mainly by the price of it, and the online gameplay.

Thoughts?

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Has anyone here ever played this? I've never felt any desire to. Online gaming isn't my thing.

I know Lionheart used to play it, but I've never heard anyone else say they had, or admit they liked it.

I think it was a mistake for S-E to release a numbered FF online like that. They should've made 11 a normal FF, then had a sequel or something online.

3. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

I never played it, but then again, I've never played any MMO's. My sister's fiancee has though. He's big into MMO's. And according to him, it's a waste of time. One of the worst he's ever played.

4. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

I loved it, its was an MMO that I truly felt was worth paying that much for, until 2 months later when i was only lvl 13.

Brilliant if you a true lover of Final Fantasy and a patient person.

5. Nikylee

Nikylee New Member

the graphics arent great, its far too slow, battle system is dull, storyline is dull, playing with a party is ok but that mainly becomes an issue at lvl15+
    so you have to endure many hours of finding a enemy to kill before someone else starts attacking it.
    this game could in theory last forever.
    im just no longer willing to give it the time.
    im a massive fan of mmorpg's. i have played guildwars for over 2000 hours i have completed it many times yet i still play it.
    if xi sorted out a faster more fluic game play i might start playing again, until then guildwars ftw

6. Ruxath

Ruxath New Member

Being 50 Dragoon, 30 Warrior and 10+ on all other jobs thus far I love FFXI. It is most likely one of the best MMORPG games available even now, 1-30 are the easy levels honestly. So the game only really goes into big things after you are 20-30ish and have your rank up a little.

Some of the updates are annoying if you are running on dail up (personal experence) and the only reason the graphics are how they are is because its being run on so many different systems all at once. PS2 is outdated and thus it cannot really have wonderful fantastic graphics.

It does turn into a massive level grind after about 30-40 though but getting past that leveling isn't the only thing to do either. There is chocobo racing, Crafting, Chocobo Breeding, the Dice game, Fishing, Rping (I am an rper in game, and was part of an entire LS/guild that were devoted to it)

Besieged where you become 1 of about 200+ players protecting a city from invasion on a massive scale is a blast, and the story is really rather deep (though I have read History of Vana'diel so I know most of the history behind the characters and nations)

And now that the RMT's are fading off a bit everything is alot more stable than it was before >_> aka no more riding my black chocobo through an area and seeing 50 people camping 1 monster...

I have played for along time (had more than 1 character obviously) and I still love it, there are even new jobs available now XD that I have to unlock..after I get myself (Ruxath, which is ofcourse a KHII-ish name intentionally as I tied him into that game..in my mind) to level cap 75 and get his full Dragoon Relic gear @_@

As far as price goes its cheaper than some games, but more expensive than others, a bit over $12.00 for the first character ect, and then an additional $1.00 charge for any after that

7. xHotsumax

xHotsumax New Member

ive never played it but i really would like too it looks fun and worth the money

8. RoxasZ4

RoxasZ4 New Member

i always thought about trying the game out but when it came down to it i never really played it i thought it was a waist of the final fantasy name

9. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

Theres a free trial, decided to jump onto it for 2 weeks. People should really check it out, but its a hefty download.

10. Jinnryu

Jinnryu New Member

Its fun ive played it i think its slower than WoW but yu have to have time and Patience in order to have fun and joinin a party and a Linkshell is also a fun part too .PPlz are also friendlier too

11. ü

ü 30•05•2010

Please do not bump old threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.