• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What Novel Are You Currently Reading, Version 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kitty, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

I know what you mean :p but I actually liked the film so it's a bit sad when I can't get into the book. Same with LoTR...

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Bless you for saying this. I didn't really get it, either. I mean, it wasn't a waste of my time, but for a classic, I guess I expected something more, I dunno.

I have a copy of this at home and I read it once. I liked it at the time, but it isn't one I've felt the urge to reread. I don't think you're really like missing out if you never get the chance to read it.

Right now I'm finishing up A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris, a collection of short stories about her telepathic heroine.

3. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Agree, I bought The Picture of Dorian Gray back when I was 14 and I read it, but basically that was all there was to it. I've never read the book again, it sits in my book shelf collecting dust, and I vaguely remember how the story went.

I'm currently reading The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien the first part in The Lord of the Rings series. I've never watched the movies before, and I've only ever read The Hobbit back in August, but I hear the series is to die for so I decided to give it a try. Plus I bought the series so it better be good >.<

4. Kitty

This is one of the only times that I've thought the movies were just the teensiest bit better. Tolkien sometimes gets bogged down with description (of things like the landscape, I mean), I found. But whoever you've been listening to is right- if you're any fan of fantasy, the books are worth a read.

I'm currently (re)reading Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley. I'm a sucker for Beauty and the Beast retellings, though this isn't even the best of those written by this author.

5. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I was never able to get into the LotR books. I saw the movies before reading the books, so when I tried to read through Fellowship, I was a bit thrown off by the stuff that wasn't present in the movies. I guess it also didn't help that I was way younger at the time I tried to read the books. I'll probably try again, once I've gotten through my current read.

6. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

^There's so much information in The Fellowship of the Ring that I don't understand how it could fit into a movie and still make sense xD

Currently reading The Two Towers by J.R.R Tolkien. It's the second book in TLotR trilogy. I loved the first novel and am quite excited to see how this one turns out.... I knew all along that it was the creeper Smeagol throughout the book... He seems to always give me chills.

7. Kitty

Sunshine, Robin McKinley. Didn't love it the first time I read it, thought I'd give it a second chance. It has a good premise, just kind of fails at it.

8. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

my English class officially started reading Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespear.we're acting at the same time.but whatever. im the Prince =D

9. Kitty

It, Stephen King. Love this book. ^_^

10. Aqua Fresh

Aqua Fresh Anita ✿◠‿◠

Night By Elie Weisel
    kinda interesting.

11. Kitty

Finally, after months of waiting, I got my hands on a (free) copy of Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. So far, not really worth the wait, though it has the same unintentionally entertaining quality as the previous two. I'm still really baffled on why exactly the villain is the villain. Still leaning towards my alternative interpretation of the Varden as terrorists. But perhaps all will be made clear in the end.

12. Duelist Dx

Duelist Dx New Member

I'm reading Raymond Feists' Shadow of a Dark Queen. I read the dutch version, and borrow the english part 2. I decided to re-read the first part in english to therefor.

13. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

im still reading Romeo&Juliet in school. we are sooooooooooo slow

14. Kitty

The Exorcist, William Peter Blatty. Nightmare-worthy. I don't think I'd read it again, though it was very well written and I couldn't put it down. I'm probably the only person on earth who's never seen the movie based on it, but after reading the book I dunno if I want to.

15. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

I'm currently reading The Bishop's Man by Linden MacIntyre.
    Amazing book, I can't seem to put it down.
    **Mature content is present throughout the novel, dealing with some issues present with some priests. Catch my drift? Fair warning.

16. Denki Wolf

Denki Wolf New Member

I'm reading "The Road" For my english class.
    It is one creepy book.

17. Kitty

Holes, Louis Sachar. After all these years, still love this book. Too bad it only takes like a few hours to read it.

18. Luke

Luke Member

Hyperspace by Michio Kaku

19. Kitty

The Princess Bride, William Goldman. I love this book. It's got just about everything.

20. Noir

Noir

Harry Potter - Half Blood Prince - Sometimes..

Da Vinci Code - Reading it with my mom