• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Avengers: Endgame [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kitty, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I don't have any spoilers in this post, but there could be spoiler talk later in the thread, so obligatory spoiler warning here.

Anyone else seen Endgame yet? I saw it on Saturday and thought it was a fitting ending to this arc. I thought the movie made good use of most of the characters and I enjoyed the plot of the film. It was a well-made film as a whole, but I wasn't expecting anything else.

There were some things about the story that made me scratch my head a little, but nothing major and nothing that took away from the film for me. It felt like a film made for the fans, but in a good way. Obviously, go see it if you're into the MCU.

2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

One of my points to call out regarding Endgame really goes back to how I would have ended Infinity War differently; particularly characters I would have kept alive after Thanos erased half of life in the universe (My big one, especially after seeing Endgame, would have been Starlord; I feel like the Guardians of the Galaxy team got short-ended on that deal, considering only one of them survived the Gauntlet's effect). Otherwise, I just would have liked to have seen more involvement from more of the heroes outside of the final battle; it was very centered around the core Avengers team from the first title, and capped off their story arcs pretty effectively (I pretty much knew where Tony Stark and Steve Rogers were headed at the end before I saw Endgame, as I'm sure other people did, it was just a matter of how); it just would have been cool to see more of the sort of "next generation" characters get more screen time beyond just showing up for the final fight.

Kitty likes this.
  3. Kitty

I agree with you that the Guardians didn't have much luck with the snap. I'm not sure what Starlord would have added to Endgame, though, but maybe I'm still salty that he was kind of a fuck-up in Infinity War.

I hear you, but I liked that it focused on the core Avengers more, because I felt like this was really the culmination of their story. We know there will be more Spider-Man films, there's another Guardians coming out, I'm assuming there will be a Captain Marvel sequel, there are TV series coming out on Disney's streaming service featuring Scarlet Witch/Vision, Winter Soldier and Falcon, Loki, and maybe more (haven't kept up with it too much). But it's been known that some of the original cast hadn't renewed their contracts and that this would be it for them, so I'm glad they got to go out on a high note. I was especially happy to see more focus on Hawkeye, since he's become one of my favorites despite not having much screen time, and I really liked where they went with his character.

I think with how the story played out, there wasn't really any way to get more time with the newer characters. Most of them got snapped, and reversing it/bringing them back too early, I think, would have ruined some of the tension of the final battle. And keeping more of them alive at the end of Infinity War would have lessened the impact of the snap. Ant-Man, at least, had a prominent part, as well as Rocket and Nebula. I also thought they used Captain Marvel pretty effectively here- she was a little bit of a deus ex machina (but how could she not be, with her power set?), but I thought they did well using her a little here and there and not letting her take over.

4. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

It's largely for the fact that he screwed the pooch in Infinity War that I would have wanted him to stay unsnapped and participate in Endgame. I feel that it might have done more for his growth as a character to have live on knowing he fucked up and ultimately allowed so many people (especially Drax and Groot) to get erased.

I'd have just liked to have seen more of a passing of the torch moment somewhere amid the ending. We got one with old Steve Rogers passing the shield on to Sam Wilson, which passed the mantle on to him and Bucky. Would have been nice to see a few more moments like that.

Kitty likes this.
  5. Kitty

I feel like we got that character development from other characters, notably Thor. Maybe the next Guardians will have Starlord dealing with some of that. I would imagine if nothing else, the loss of Gamora will play a part.

That old Cap scene is one of my head-scratchers, but I get what you're saying. There was a shorter, similar scene between Thor and Valkyrie as well. I don't know, I guess I figure the next phase of films will help ease the transition from the old guard to the new. *shrugs*

Last edited: May 1, 2019