• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts 3 Opening Trailer - Face My Fears

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3' started by Angel, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Eh... It was almost cool. Almost. The musical package isn't on the same level as the visual. The 'drop' wasn't nearly as heavy as it [probably] should have been. I get that they need to give things a more modern style in terms of the music. But it just doesn't hold up, IMO, to what we got from KH and KH2.

Hikari/Simple & Clean and Passion/Sanctuary felt better matched to the scenes they were accompanying in their respective trailers.

Kitty likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Well, this is obviously not the full trailer or song. It's a teaser. The visuals are amazing no doubt about that but the song is somewhat okay. I want more Utada than Skrillex to be honest. I think 0:56-1:02 should've been the tempo of the entire song. Other than that, this really feels like the end. This should be the end of not only Xehanort but Sora's story as well.

Kitty likes this.
  4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

The visuals are beautiful, of course, but the trailer didn't inspire any amount of caring in me. I'm still not over Kairi having a damn keyblade, ugh- it was like less than a second, but nope, can't deal. The music didn't work for me, either, but I'll admit that this is not my usual genre, like at all. The full trailer will probably be better.

5. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

The visuals are great as always but like the others I'm not too hype. The story has done lost my capacity to care. Although I did find this which was interesting:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    original: https://radicalgameenthusiast.tumblr.com/

They turned the gamma up and it seems her hair is white. I've had a good laugh to the reactions all day.

6. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His eyes weren't always yellow apparently?

7. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I never would have expected to hear anything with Skrillex in anything actually connected to KH.

Well they definitely are pointing at her being one of the Xehanorts.
    Please please please don't have this suddenly mean possession by the MoM or Luxu.

8. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

The latest trailer is adding fuel to the fire lol I think I broke someone on Twitter when I mentioned that Xion was meant to be Roxas replacement and now she is.

It’s suspicious since this Nort should be post islands and we know YX from 3D is still on the islands. Meaning the Nort in in the OP is after the 3D Nort in his personal timeline yet the time traveler Nort has yellow eyes.