• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What will you do after KH3?

Discussion in 'General Kingdom Hearts' started by Derek, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

To be blunt, I dont plan to stick around after KH3. I dont like what the series has become, I dont care for the cast, and other reasons I wont rant. So my plan is to leave unless a reboot happens.

What about you guys?

It's to the point I learned to emulate the first three games and tweak KH2 so it's more challenging: http://derekscorner.tumblr.com/post/179418919432/ive-done-itttttt
    Entirely for the sole intent that I dont plan to continue afterwards, I'll live with my nostalgia and move onto new things.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

What I do will depend, primarily, on how well I feel that KH3 is done, and what my opinion of whatever comes next is. If KH3 truly brings a conclusive ending to the story that we've been 'following' (for lack of a better term), without leaving a glaring open window to yet another sequel, then I might be open to something that yields a manner of reboot to the series.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

^ What if they dont resolve everything? What will you do then? I would like a reboot but I'm skeptical of it's chances or Nomura closing off his story threads.

4. Become

I couldn't really say for certain. I have gone this long without actually playing a KH title. So I figure if KH3 doesn't give us the ending we feel we all deserve, then moving on and away from the series as it moves forward from there wouldn't be too much of a problem.

5. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

You’ve never played a title?! Well can’t say I blame ya now. It wouldn’t be hard for me to ditch it at this point.

6. Become

Meant to say outside of the main series. Never played Days, CoM, DDD, etc.

7. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh well you saved yourself a headache. Especially with KHUX. Granted I started to slow down, quit around DDD, but I do peak at KHUX stuff now and then if my friend mentions something.

8. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I'm already basically done with the series. I haven't played a game since II and don't really have a desire to. But even though I probably won't play III, for nostalgia I would like there to be closure to Sora/Xehanort's tale and for the series to then move on. I don't have interest in continuing to deal with Xehanort and that BS, and I'm also not interested in a reboot, at least with this cast. But I won't be spending money on this series in the future, so I'm not who S-E should be trying to please.

9. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

So there's more of us probably leaving than staying so far, didn't expect that.

A resolution to Xehanort is the only reason I'll play 3, stuck with it this long, minds well see the end. As far as a reboot, a new cast would be nice but I've seen some ideas I wouldn't be opposed to either.

10. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

As long as they make Kingdom Hearts, I'll keep playing it.

11. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Then a fun question for you, what could they do to make you stop playing it?

12. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Hmm. Probably nothing. I've watched the CW's Supernatural since the begining and the show is literal garbage now, but I still watch it. I don't expect that I'll feel anything different with playing Kingdom Hearts.

Kitty likes this.
  13. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

lol I see.

14. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Like Angel above, I'm not really planning on quitting playing. I'm not gonna care about the story as much as I used to (Though I'm probably still gonna know more than I reasonably should), but the games are fun to play. Plus there's that part of me that once I get invested in a story I usually want to know how it properly ends. It's honestly why I've started buying translated light novels for some anime adaptations that don't adapt the complete story.

2 things.
    1: Not sure how good an idea it is to broadcast doing this cuz it is technically illegal. I don't know if anything will happen to you,b ut still.
    2: If you're going to emulate it, why emulate original KH2 instead of Final Mix? The differences between KH1 and it's Final Mix are minimal, with the most important gameplay change being the addition of the Xemnas boss. But the Final Mix version of KH2 is far superior to the original KH2. So much so that since it is now available outside of Japan I see literally no reason to ever go back to vanilla KH2.

15. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Eh at most they could try and take the emulator I guess. They can't take the games from me though since I bought physical PS2 copies, they weren't rom downloads. I actually bought the game and got it onto my pc which is then ran on an emulator.
    I'm choosing OG KH2 because it's more difficult to import and get the FM emulated. I also dont like some additions, my main gain from FM was the difficulty fix. That was really all the game had for me, the story bits or bosses were fun but they aren't huge selling points when I'm leaving due to story bits added in things like Kh2FM, BBS or so on.

Using cheats I've managed to get a difficulty adjustment to KH2 as well. I just haven't had time to play through it all due to college ;-;

Desert Warrior likes this.
  16. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. I thought you just downloaded the ROMs off the internet.

And no PS3 2.5 Remix to emulate? I can see wanting to have it on the computer though. Tried doing my replay of the series since I have 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3 and it seems my PS3 controller isn't wanting to work anymore. I'd considered just re-buying the collection on PS4, but honestly the trophy records would bug the hell out of me. No idea if they'd combine the trophies for both console versions, but even if they did I've put way too much time in BBS to attempt completing some of those trophies again. Never did finish Ven's or Aqua's journal entries. Did get close though.

I know the feeling.

17. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Nah I bought the real deal. Getting a rom that isn’t sixty shades of virus latent is hard these days. I did find CoM rom but as a backup I have its physical ps2 disc as well.

If you have a PS4 it may be cheaper to buy that “story so far disc”. Trophies don’t combine oddly enough.

I finally got to play some last week. It was so fun playing it like that :D I even found that the PS4 controller is steam compatible!! I made a shortcut to the ps2 emulator in steam and boom! Ps2 games with PS4 controller!