• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

I made a thing!

Discussion in 'Digital Art' started by Derek, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Took my first assignment in photoshop today. Tbh I think the program is rather stiff and restrictive, the free one I use called Krita is far easier to manipulate and navigate I feel but any who- Here's my first (that I'm showing others lol) PS edit of the semester~

[​IMG]

I've always felt that SSJ God and SSJ Blue were better as one concept than two and now I finally have an image to show it! This is what I felt a Saiyan God should be.

Nova likes this.
  2. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Wow nice job! A little more blending couldn't hurt. The effect is kind of sharp in a few places. But I like the lighting and colors.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

OH OH THank you! :D Not to be too much of a noob but what do ya mean by sharp and blend? This was literally the third photoshop edit I've made so I'm trying to learn for class.

4. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I see you made a thing!

Can I see what the original image looks like? Don't know what you did and did not do.

Sharpness has to do with the definition of edges by enhancing the definition you're sharpening the image by lessening them you're blurring the image.

Blending has to do with how cohesive the image looks. Does the image/effects look like they belong?

5. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

This was the original version:
    [​IMG]

So I made the image blurry then? :D Thanks for the tips. I think it looks like it fits, I don't know about belong.

6. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I made another thing C:

[​IMG]

Can you spot each alteration? ^w^

7. Nova

I had to look up the original image. haha It was like playing one of those 'spot the difference' games. I wouldn't have remembered there was a pocket if I hadn't looked it up. So I'd say you were successful in removing it seamlessly. The color changes in the keyblade and shirt are also pretty good. Otherwise, I didn't notice any differences. Then again, I didn't look for very long. All around, way to go! :)

8. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

You're the first person to notice the pocket! Even when I show people the original they never catch it! :'D Thank you. I discovered a fun mix of the blotchy paint tip and smudge tool.

I only made those three changes and you found them. ^__^
    I'm gonna try messing with KH2 Sora next.

9. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Made more things. :3

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Oath

Oath King Bitch™

Lookin good! Keep up the fantasticness you sexy creature you.

Nova likes this.
  11. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

*has been tryin very hard* *has been worried about school* *appreciates this* *thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu* ;-;

Nova likes this.
  12. Nova

Love that you keep sharing! Which one is the original? I feel like I should know this but I don't.

13. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

This was the original ;w;

[​IMG]

14. Nova

Was it resized from that specific image? That would explain the slight graininess in the quality of the ones you edited (Particularly the gold one). However, aside from that, I don't think I would have been able to tell these were't originally those colors. So I'd say you accomplished what you set out to. :)
    I can tell you're getting better. Keep sharing. It's been fun watching your progress!

15. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

They weren't resized. I may have just altered something without intention. While altering the color I kept using any option I could find to get my desired effect. For black or darker parts on my edits are largely the parts of black color I couldn't fully edit. I liked the shades it added though as is. :D So the graininess is likely something I did by accident.

Thanks, I'll try too. I try to edit in spare time, I got one I want to try but it's really late now, may have to wait till I sleep.

Nova likes this.
  16. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tried to have somemore fun with keyblades. I used to have this idea of a keyblade for myself in my younger days and figured I'd try to bring it too life...sadly it didn't go well....oh well.
    I did get to play with tools I haven't much before, including liquefy. 8D I will try better next time.

17. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Not as profound given I drew the head buuuutttttt it's festive and I did photoshp the hat so here:

[​IMG]

18. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Not really an edit but I see no reason to make new threads, I did color it in photoshop and all. =D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I finally got time to draw something. Freakin job. I've been out of the semester since Dec 1st but barely time to enjoy it. This is something I've wanted to draw for a while. ^__^
    This was my reference:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That episode of Super was so beautifully animated.

19. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Played with editing while doing projects today.

[​IMG]
    ^ I just really like this simple edit, not sure why. lol

[​IMG]

Mastered SSJ God ^

So this is a kind of part two I had to the above idea. The idea being, instead of giving Goku a blue form they kept going with the red one. In doing so he slowly masters if giving it an aura similar to blue but retaining the same look physically as the base transformation.

It would’ve basically been an evolution of Goku applying Whis’ ki control training to the god form. In hindsight, my original idea that both work better together aesthetically may still be superior. (still debating internally on that one)

20. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Made more things:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]