• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What Novel Are You Currently Reading, Version 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kitty, Jul 19, 2010.

1. KeybladerQueen

KeybladerQueen New Member

A Game of Thrones- George RR Martin

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger. Love this- such a bittersweet story.

3. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

A Game of Thrones- George RR Martin

I'm liking it so far.
    I've just finished the Hunger Games and that was awesome too.

4. Key King

Key King Member

The Lost Hero-Rick Riordan
    Not near as good as the Percy Jackson series, but it's an ok book.

5. Kitty

The Son of Neptune, Rick Riordan. This sequel series is definitely a worthy follow up to the Percy Jackson series, in my opinion, and this newest addition was just great. Though I have to say I miss the Percy/Annabeth/Grover dynamic, getting Percy back as a main character this time around made me really happy and I'm eager to see how this all turns out.

6. HalvertHitsTheroad

HalvertHitsTheroad New Member

currently reading The Gunslinger by stephen king. If your a fan of King's works, I would highly recommend The Stand :cool:

7. Key King

Key King Member

^ actually, i prefer "It"

8. HalvertHitsTheroad

Yeah, I liked "It" a lot too.

9. Kitty

I personally thought The Stand was almost unbearable, and I love just about everything else by King that I've read. It was far, far better. But to each his own. *shrugs*

Open Season, Linda Howard. Her typical romance/suspense, but it's a good, quick read.

10. HalvertHitsTheroad

That's wierd, typically I hear it the other way around. Still, I really enjoyed "It", and I'm glad to hear it has more fans out there :cool:

11. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Ordinary People- Judith Guest. ^_^

12. Kitty

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs

I'm kinda conflicted on this. It started out really great- I thought the narrator had a great voice and was really funny, the use of the period pictures was awesome and really creepy, and there was this sort of X-Men meets Final Fantasy VIII vibe going for it (mutants in an orphanage, I dunno. It's what jumped into my head, okay). But the longer I read, the less invested in the story I was. And then it just kind of ends. If a sequel were made, I dunno that I'd jump right out to read it.

13. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Your Heart Belongs to Me~ Dean Koontz. I have gotten so much flack about this.... NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER!!! I AM NOT READING A ROMANCE NOVEL!!!! IT'S DEAN KOONTZ!!!!

14. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The Picture of Dorian Gray. ^___^

15. Kitty

One For the Money, Janet Evanovich. Entertaining, and there's a ton of books in the series, so I can keep busy for a while. XD

16. TheKnightofAwesome

Ice Fire~ Sorry can't remember the author... but I love this series Gadzooks FTW!!!!

17. YaminoHikari14

YaminoHikari14 New Member

The Belgaraid seiries book one Pawn Of Prophecy by David Eddings for the 8th time now :)

18. Kitty

Three To Get Deadly, Janet Evanovich. Maybe not quite as good as the first in the series, but still a very entertaining read.

19. TheKnightofAwesome

Fire Star, third book of the Last Dragon Chronicles. I love this series so much, can;t wait til I get to read the new one Dark Fire

20. Blade

Blade Heroes Have One or Two

The Singn of the Four
    by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    A great Sherlock Holmes adventure