• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Character move changes

Discussion in 'Dissidia: Final Fantasy' started by EtherealSummoner, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The company did said that there were some characters whose moves had some changes and that Firions, Shantotto, and Kefka were the major ones. In order to show all of you, I will post videos on what moves had been obtained and the changes made to the characters to be rebalanced.

YouTube - [PSP] Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - Terra vs. Lightning

YouTube - Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim Gameplay: Ultimecia / Edea vs Shantotto

YouTube - Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy [JPN] - Warrior of Light vs. Desperado Chaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq-3MSQ8GnI

YouTube - Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - Firion VS Emperor Gameplay

Terra has a new move called firaga, Firion has a move called Lord of Arms, Warrior of Light can use Ultimate Shield, Onion Knight can use Power Up, and Ultimecia can use Knight's Spear and Hell's Judgement.

2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Got the game. Too lazy to raise all the old characters from level 1, so I have 22 level 100 characters.

I haven't done much with them, but I got to say that the changes weren't what I was expecting. Played a match as Firion. Aside from his one new HP attack, nothing's changed. Little disappointed with that. But on the bright side, with the new characters I have even more to play as to beat down Ultimecia and Shantotto.

3. EtherealSummoner

;D Do not cry if Ultimecia used Hell Judgement to send you to crying land. To me, I think that there were characters who had more of a big change to them than Firion, Kefka and Shantotto just from what I have read, learned and studied. -_- I am also upset on the changes of Terra so I do not think that I will be using her as much.

4. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Why would I cry from a video game? And it doesn't matter what Ultimecia uses. It's always a curb-stomp battle, with me as the victor.

Like I said, Firion seems exactly the same. Haven't looked at Kefka at all, but when I edited Shantotto absolutely nothing was changed.

What changes are there to her that aren't there for everybody else? She seemed fine the time I used her.

5. EtherealSummoner

DX Terra's holy and blizzara range has been reduced, especially blizzara. As for Shantotto:

• A Couple Attacks executes faster and can combo without hitting. It no longer executes chase but it executes Wall Rush.
    • Retribution has different area of effect, tracks better and staggers opponent if blocked.
    • Stun can combo into other attacks, including HP attacks, and has greater range.
    • Bind tracks longer before trapping opponent.
    • Bio does increased damage and damages over shorter periods of time, but lasts for less time. Can now be reflected.
    • All HP attacks execute faster and have decreased lag. All HP attacks stagger opponent if blocked, regardless of level, and can chain if blocked.
    • HP attacks level up to improved forms at lower amounts of Bravery. Level two is achieved at 2000 Bravery, and level four at 4000.
    • Spirit Magic [Ice] has better tracking and does more Bravery damage.
    • Spirit Magic [Wind] has stronger absorption.
    • Spirit Magic [Water] has stronger absorption but lower range.
    • Spirit Magic [Fire] has a number of flames that will chase the opponent and better tracking.
    • Spirit Magic [Thunder] no longer has Wall Rush and knocks opponent upwards instead.
    • Spirit Magic [Earth] has less range.
    • EX Mode ability Manafont has had effects changed - after dealing HP damage, Shantotto's Bravery drops to 0 and remains there for approximately two seconds before instantly recovering to her base Bravery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.