• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Weather: what's it like where you are?

Discussion in 'General' started by NightShadow, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I didn't get any rain but all the warmth made the ice or frozen ground a mud swamp almost. It was truly ugly out. Oh lord I hope not, I have one in-class subject and I'll be f*cked if it keeps closing. D:

Kitty likes this.
  2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

We have snow! I'm not sure how much yet as I haven't really been outside since it started coming down more, but everything is white and pretty. But we also had a lot of freezing rain, so I'm sure the roads are crap. I've seen videos from the nearby interstates already backed up with wrecks and cars sliding off the roads. It was an excuse to close down work at noon, though, so not completely a bad thing.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I've got it already as well, wind is picking up something fierce. I have to work tomorrow. ;-; Ugh I hope the store shuts down....

4. Kitty

Our local emergency management guy is telling everyone to stay home so the road crews can work and cops don't have to spend all day pulling people from ditches. Hopefully your boss lets you off. I know I'm not going anywhere this weekend.

5. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Sadly I had to work and I have to tomorrow. I don't understand our company, they lose FAR more money by being open on days like today or keeping us open longer than hours are worth. T--T The power even went out twice today.

Kitty likes this.
  6. Kitty

I guess some people are just stubborn. :rolleyes:

Today is cold out, but sunny (so hopefully the sun helps melt some of this snow and ice off).

7. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I'd align them more to stupid but that's a fine similar to insane and genius. xD (unless you mean me in which I need the money to get to school so I'm just desperate TuT)

It definitely melted it, it was very cold despite that but at least the power didn't go out at work again or anything.

Kitty likes this.
  8. Kitty

I meant your bosses, people who apparently don't give a shit about the safety of those who work for them. My brother in law works at a Nashville gift shop that is also a country music museum if you use a really loose definition of "museum" and his bosses did him the same way. Only they made him drive all the way to work knowing roads were shit and he lived a half hour away (on a good day), then turned around and sent him home less than an hour after he clocked in because they weren't busy. :rolleyes:

More snow is supposed to be coming starting some time Monday, so brace yourself. A lot of the old snow and ice did seem to melt away today, despite the cold, so I'm a little optimistic that this next round won't be too terrible.

9. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

What?! Those assholes. D:< My drive isn't as long, I would've called in at that length of a drive...corporations suck. They ran by people that's (well majority) that's never worked the jobs they offer. =__=

T-T It didn't come today but it's said to tonight and tomorrow. I just hope it dies down before class on Wednesday...

Kitty likes this.
  10. Kitty

^ It was supposed to have already started here and we haven't gotten anything yet, so I'm hoping it misses us.

He tried to, but they told him to come in anyway. I would've put my foot down, myself, but my brother in law is kind of a wuss, bless his heart.

Today was nice. Sunny and almost 40 out. Only thing is that the melting snow and ice makes it slicker out, but so far I've managed not to fall on my ass, so yay! (Probably just jinxed myself).

11. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

It's snowing here sadly. I hope it missed you at least but I'm thinking my area is f*cked. TuT

Wha- why didn't he at least lie and say he was sick?

You got 40!? We had 20s at best. D:

12. Kitty

I can't tell if it's snowing right now, but it just recently did, because my porch and sidewalk that had been cleared are all covered in snow again. It just looks like a dusting, though. I think it's supposed to snow more, so I'll have to see what it amounts to when I wake up to go to work in the morning.

I dunno. I guess he thought his boss would have common sense.

Well, 38-39 according to my car's thermometer, but close enough. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 18 for a high, fml.

13. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Well it's night now, are you as buried in snow as I am? lol They cancelled classes tomorrow, on the one hand, yay on the other, I could've really used math lab. ;-;

I'm not sure it even reached 18 today. TuT

14. Kitty

Ugh. I think we only got maybe three more inches, but of course they canceled school for tomorrow (our public schools have been closed since Friday because of either snow, holiday, or teacher planning days, it's ridiculous). Our roads have been pretty bad today. I guess the crews hauled ass over the weekend clearing up from the snow that came Friday and Saturday and decided to sleep in today because I haven't seen hardly any plows out.

I don't know exactly what temperature it reached, but the windchill was so bad it felt like negative degrees out for much of the day. Winter sucks.

15. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

You too? A snow plow didn't reach our road until midday and by then it did little good. The schools locally have been closed as well as my campus. It's making some classes hard since I can't reach the tutoring room.

I hope it warms up soon. The sun finally came out today.

Kitty likes this.
  16. Kitty

Most of the main roads here are clear now. The road my house is on isn't, but I think enough people have already driven on it to make it okay. I've been getting rides to work, but I'm gonna try and get my car out of my driveway tomorrow. It's supposed to start warming up tomorrow (to around 35) and keep warming through the next week, so the snow should be gone soon.

Today was sunny, with a few snow flurries, and cold, but maybe a little warmer than yesterday.

17. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

So it's warming up for you too? Snow is melting thankfully, I missed my chance for campus due to it being closed but hopefully it stays this way till Monday.
    I didn't even get flurries today, it was sunny all day, wind was cold though.

Kitty likes this.
  18. Kitty

Yep, got to about 38 today; tomorrow it's supposed to get to high 40s. Hopefully all of the leftover snow will be gone by then. Quite a bit of it did melt off today. All the sun helped, too.

19. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I had similar. It felt like such a heat wave that I didn't know what to do with myself. lol
    I hope it gets to those 40s, I work tomorrow, warm weather would be such a nice change.

Kitty likes this.
  20. Kitty

Cooler today and we had a few random snow flurries. Overall, not bad, but I spent most of the day inside so it didn't matter.