• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Las Vegas Shooting 2017

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Nova, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

This kind of thing happens all the time anymore; I don't know why anyone is surprised. It's gonna keep happening, too, because all anyone wants to do about it is change their Facebook profile pics to say Pray For [Whatever City It Is This Time]. I'm sympathetic towards the victims and their loved ones, but just like with Sandy Hook, or any of the other mass shootings in the US over the last many years, this will change nothing.

Nova likes this.
  3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, there's really nothing to say anymore. Granted, it's horrible but no one wants to do anything about it. My opinion about the constitution is probably blasphemy but the constitution is dead. It was written over two hundred years ago and times have changed. The constitution did nothing to protect those people in Las Vegas and for people to defend a piece of paper after the same results keep happening more and more frequently are wrong. Guns were made to kill not protect.

4. Nova

They were. But outlawing them only prevents the law abiding citizens from having them. Not the kind of people who would shoot mass amounts of people. Criminals find a way.

Kitty likes this.
  5. Angel

Not saying outlawing them is the answer because clearly its not. Something should have been done early. We're just in too deep to just say "Ban all Firearms" now.

6. Nova

I agree. Though you're certainly right in that these kinds of things really show how important it is to look in to putting harsher gun laws in place.

7. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I don't love guns, but I don't think this is a gun problem; I think it is a people problem. I don't know what that problem is- a rise in mental illness, which is going untreated thanks to poor access to health care, the income and social inequality in this country causing people to become desperate, people becoming divided from each other due to magnified social and political differences, or maybe even people just wanting to do something to get everyone's attention and have their 15 minutes of fame. I don't really know. A start might be to not give these assholes any attention when they commit crimes like this. I can't say I haven't seen any articles about the victims or survivors of Vegas, but I've seen way more about who the shooter was, his possible motivations, people connected to him, etc. Quit plastering their names and faces everywhere, and focus on the victims. Think about how many serial killers you can name versus the names of any of their victims. It's an ongoing problem. If even some of these people are doing it for attention (for themselves or a "cause"), we should quit rewarding them.

Desert Warrior and Nova like this.
  8. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Definitely blasphemy. Also a misunderstanding of the purpose of the Constitution, assuming I'm reading your statement correctly. Of course it didn't protect the people on Las Vegas because it was not made to protect individuals from each other. It is made to protect people from the government, plain and simple.

Setting that bit aside, it was surprising just how close this was to me (5 hour drive). A coworker said his sister was there that night and 4 people who are from the city I'm at died.

Kitty likes this.
  9. Angel

The Constitution was made to protect us from ourselves since it did in fact established a government to do so. The fact that it limited something that it itself created from effectively doing it's duties (if the 2nd Amendment is to blame) wouldn't be to far of a stretch. Plus, the Preamble of the Constitution can nail it home better than I can.

I can only imagine that it's way worse when it hits close to home.

10. Kairi831

Kairi831 Active Member

One thing that bothers me the most out of this whole thing, is that there are plenty articles trying to give insight on "the life of this person before the shooting." Trying to claim him to be a good guy and a friendly person. Like, in my opinion, I do not care who this guy was before the shooting or anything about this person. He committed an act of terrorism. No matter how anyone tries to look at it, this was a terrorist act. However, because he was a white male (not trying to bring race into this, but it is true) they want to try and justify this whole thing. There is no justification in the world to account for what had happened or what he did. If it was any other race, they would have every bad label in the book held at their throats. That's a major problem in this day and age and that needs to change.

Also, there has been speculation of another shooter involved, which given the certain evidence and theories going with this, I do believe this guy was not alone.

As well as something being seriously wrong with the main shooter because who in their right minds needs 10+ automatic weapons. Those are not hunting weapons, those are guns intended for other purposes. Automatic weapons should be only allowed in the military, which as far as anyone knows, he was included in.

Nova and Kitty like this.