• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Dark Souls Remaster footage released.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Rogue, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Rogue

Rogue Member

You definitely can't call the Switch version a remaster.

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

The Nintendo Switch has definitely stepped into a new market. Games that previously would never be considered as a port to Nintendo are finally crossing over and the gimmick to switch between console and portable doesn't hurt either. The graphics are "good enough" according to all the news sites I've read. A quick search shows that Dark Souls was never even considered for the Wii.

3. Rogue

Rogue Member

Definitely true! However, when you pit the Switch version against the 4k60fps versions on PS4, Xbox, and Steam (which are being worked on by another developer) it's unfortunate. I will pick the Switch version for portability, but my main focus will be on PS4.
    Dark Souls II was never even considered for WiiU, I wrote an article on it a longtime ago. :p