FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE is officially available on PC through Steam. The game introduces many new features from its Japanese counterpart, International Zodiac Job System and even more features for its PC players.
- 60fps – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60 frames per second.
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.
Also during the first week of launch, fans purchasing Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age from Steam will receive a 20% discount, a three-track digital music compilation and a new STEAM Skin illustrated by FINAL FANTASY artist Isamu Kamikokuryo.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PC Launch Trailer)
FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE OVERVIEW
Final Fantasy XII released in 2006 and the twelveth major title in the Final Fantasy series features innovative game mechanics such as the gambit and licence systems, which are programmable and/or conditional battle actions set by the player and taken automatically by the AI in which the gambit was set on and the license system which determines a character’s abilities and equipment. This, blended with an intangling story of an adventurer named Vaan who dreams of being a sky pirate while a endless war between the Kingdom of Archadia and Rozarria continues to plague the world of Ivalice has captured critical acclaim.
In addition, a Japanese-only remake International Zodiac Job System which reworked the license system, instead of one License Board (LB), there are twelve Licence Boards corresponding with its own Zodiac Sign and each having its own job as well as introducing New Game modes, side quests and weapons. Eventually, this title became an HD remake called Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and released exclusively on the PS4 in 2017.